Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Finding something through a Tutor

Have you ever had a subject in school that you didnt understand? One that you could never get anything done and you had to recieve extra help? Well I have a subject just like that. Its called English. As you may know writing papers is not my strong point. I loath it. But I love to write! So earlier this week I signed up for a english tutor. 

I met my tutor today and I liked her from the start. She reminds me of "me" but in a older and wiser way. She is tall slightly plump but in a Im healthy and from the south way not I dont take care of myself way. Her hair is shoulder length and natural grey and she sports some pretty stylish glasses. I like to think of her as your "Aunt Pearl". But today she helped me come up with topics about my Narrative paper. And while coming up with a topic it really hit home. A straight home run to myself, inside self. I remembered when I found my writing portfolio from my childhood summers. This was made back before I had assignments and I was probably in early middle school. It brought some straight up tears to my ears talking about it. And I know "Aunt Pearl" was probably thinking what kinda nut do I have in my office but I figured something out today. That I forgot about something that I loved! I had a passion for making up my own stories as a child. I was always getting in trouble for making up tall tales in school about people and such and since noone wanted to hear them I had started writing all of my stories down. And I had forgotten about them. That hurt. Something that had once meant so much to me that I had decorated it and hide it from the world in a special place so that no one would know my sorrows and what went on in my head was lost for years! Im glad I remembered it. Because honestly I had some great stuff in there! I got really wrapped up in a story that I had forgotten all about! AMAZING! So tonight when I get home im going to put that portfolio in a special place again. And im going to continue to write stories about things that dont matter and what nots and exaggerations about people.

So thank you once again my "Aunt Pearl" tutor. You have really helped a poor lost student remember something about herself that she didn't know meant so much to her. And at this point in my life I needed that!

2 comments:

  1. I think I would like Aunt Pearl... sounds like my kind of woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha she is nice! really helpful!

    ReplyDelete